Saturday, August 27, 2011

Reality and getting started

The kids started school this week which means that life and routines are going to return to some semblance of normal.

Along with routines comes the reality that summer relaxation also reflected in less-than-perfect food choices. I have a friend who has a great ability to get me out of the house and go walking, so we started that, and I am going to try and eat better. I'm posting this so that I have more people that I feel I am accountable to. I have not been so good at sticking to any healthy eating or exercise plans in the past, so I'm taking it one step at a time.

Step 1: Remove all traces of nutella from my diet, as well as baked goods. Breads are ok, but good bread choices need to be made. And menu choices will be posted to help with food shopping and meal prep.

Let's try this for a week and see how it goes.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That's great, I have complete faith in you. You can do it! It's all in the portion control and the exercise and it will fall off you. Good luck and let me know if you need me to motivate you or if you want to go for a walk. As I am typing this comment GT is doing Shaun T's kid exercise video. I'm g-d willing going to do my video when he is done. Hey you know you should post on FB when you too do your workouts so it motivates me to do mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!