Friday, July 8, 2011

Camp Mommy - Contemporary Art and more Sock Monkeys

Yesterday was a busy one. We started with swimming lessons, as usual, then we joined Little Z's class at the Contemporary Art Museum for a tour and workshop. Lots of fun - "Cool! Moving curtains!" "Look at that rock collection - it's even better than mine!".  Lots of questions - "Why do I see that man's private parts in the picture?" "Why is that sculpture made of broken mirrors?".

All in all, it was a lot of fun.

 










Next, we went to see my sister, brother-in-law and nephew, who are in town. It was the first time the cousins got to meet and it was so nice to see!


(And I got to see my sister!!!)




















Finally, we ended off the day by working on our sock monkeys a bit more. They are starting to come together:

3 comments:

  1. Surprise to me - A sock puppet is creepy when it has no eyes and is missing an arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, some people appreciate the process and the effort put into it! How proud will your kids be of themselves when this project is done? Hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also like to take the boys, I would have love to see what they came up with at the art class this year. I love the work that the kids produce in the classes. That's another thing I'm going to miss this year. Just add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!