Monday, August 17, 2009

Saying goodbye to friends

I had a very sad and bizarre afternoon.
I said goodbye to friends who are moving back to Israel.

One couple has been visiting for the summer. They have been here ALL summer, and aside from running into them at the supermarket, I was a horrible friend and did not manage to snag any face time with them the entire time they were here. They are the type of friends that feel more like relatives. They are the cousins that I love spending time with, but somehow, I always know that our family connection will bring us back together eventually. Only we aren't related. They are family because they FEEL like family to us. They will be missed.

The other couple has been a part of our lives for the last few years and has touched our lives. Not because of the amount of time we have spent together, but because of how we feel about each other. When I hugged my friend goodbye, I really felt so sad to be losing her presence here. I am so glad that she and her family came into our lives. I'm honoured to have been a part of their lives for the last few years, and I look forward to maintaining our friendship no matter how far apart we are.

Nesiah tova!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!