Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stand back and let them learn

Like many kids, my monkeys are not big fans of stepping out of their
comfort zone. I wish they were, but the apple doesn't fall far from
the tree.

Watching them at swimming lessons this morning, I chose to sit as far
from them as I could. I wanted to watch them (as I pretended to read)
to see how they listened to their new teacher and to see if they tried
what she was trying to teach them. I don't give them enough credit. I
didn't think that they would do it. I expected screaming and a bit of
hysteria. To my surprise, and to the credit of a sweet teacher named
Chloe, I heard laughter and giggles and I watched as my kids raced
down the lanes of the pool to reach their new teacher.

Note to self 1: Give the monkeys more credit.

Note to self 2: Stay out of their way, and find them good teachers,
and they will push the limits of their comfort zone to learn new
skills that will knock your socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!