Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paying it Forward

I had a wonderful opportunity to pay it forward today.

2 families in our area had babies this week, and I had the opportunity to make them meals. When J was in treatment last year, we had so many people take time and bring us meals to help us get through. There were so many days when I couldn't plan ahead - my brain just wasn't functioning that way. Dinnertime would come and I would be stumped. In the beginning, people helped with so many meals that I rarely had to think about cooking. It helped get me to the next stage. Once I was able to function a bit, some very special people took it upon themselves to organize meals for days when J had treatment. I don't think I could ever properly thank them, but if they are reading this they should just know that they helped me keep my sanity. Every single meal was so appreciated and thoughtful. I am grateful to each person who was so kind to offer.

I was asked to prepare meals. Thank you for asking me. Thank you for allowing me to help give to these families what so many people gave to me.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. i know how you feel. my last pregnancy i was in bed for 7 months. i had a hot meal delivered to my doorstep for the family every single night. Shabbat meals too. I couldn't wait to have the baby and start cooking meals for those who needed it. it's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!