Monday, July 13, 2009

Playing in the Park

I took little z to the park this morning. He had a great time going up and down the ladders and slides. Across the bridges and looking through the periscope. I felt amazing because: a) it was not pouring rain and he was able to be outside this morning for a bit and b) I had the patience to let him play without feeling like I had to rush home to work.

Then I looked around.

The park is filled with lululemon-wearing moms who ran to the park for their morning jog with their kids in the stroller, giving their kids healthy snacks (that they had the fore-sight to pack) while their seemingly perfect children obeyed everything their moms told them to do. And I just kept reminding myself that a snapshot like this of other peoples' days does not reflect reality (right?). And that I would not give in to the fight that will inevitably ensue later when little z tries to convince me that 5 honey cookies (5 is his favourite quantity when it comes to anything edible) are just the right morning snack for him.

I guess if he drinks a cup of milk with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!