Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Camp Hell

I was never a lover of the summer camp thing.
I tried day camp. I tried sleep-away camp. I was a home-body.
So why have I become the parent that insists that my kids go to camp?
My eldest needs the social interaction. She doesn't want it, but she needs it. Mr. Middle LOVES everything about it (he gets that from his dad). Little Z is still in day care so we don't need to deal with this for him for a couple of years yet.
N. (eldest) feels that she is done with camp for the summer. 2 weeks was enough for her and she's ready to spend the rest of her 8 year old summer relaxing. I think she should get a job. Child labour never hurt anyone, right?
A big part of me just wants to keep them home with me, only to avoid the rush of the morning. It's the summer. The livin' should be easy and the schedule should be non-existant.
I also know that if they were home with me, I would not be writing this. I would be questioning my sanity at ever having considered keeping them home. They would spend too much time in front of electronic devices and not enough enjoying outside/swimming/friends.
I think I need a double. One to get work done and one to play with the kids.
I guess I better start planning activities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!